search. qualify. connect.
Our goal at Connection Depot is to help you find local, qualified building professionals for your home or building projects. We welcome you to explore the site and discover what makes Connection Depot your #1 source for building information and professionals.
no manipulated user reviews here!
We do this by taking a fresh approach of presenting the facts about your local building professionals. We focus on credentials and qualifications, so you won't have to sift through the often slanted and sometimes paid for user reviews to find out if a professional is qualified.
Whether you are looking to verify that a company is licensed or you are looking for professionals with specific qualifications, you will find it here. Our information is certified by your local building association, so if a company is touting that they have won an award or has achieved a certification, the research is done for you. Only audited information makes it into Connection Depot.
There are two easy ways to search for building professionals and suppliers.
1. Free form search - you can use the free form search to enter in any word and we will build a results list that matches the word you entered.
2. Category search - The most commonly used search terms are listed in the green box under the free form search. The advantage of using the category search is that it provides the extra benefit of consumers tips above the search results.
Note: Our search is not limited to large companies, even small companies that don’t have a website, can now be found.
Connection Depot promotes better building practices by educating consumers about the benefits of using credentialed professionals and then making it easy to find those professional. Our goal is to make it easy for the consumer to make the right buying decision.
Why a Qualified professional is important:
- Fewer Project Problems
- Lower Energy Bills
- Improved Family Health
- More Functional Spaces
- Better Home Access
- Higher Return on Investment
Step 1: review the companies credentials and awards
The building industry is complex and the needs of consumers differ; therefore, it is important to find a professional that has the right qualifications for your unique project needs. We group qualifications into 4 types.
building association membership
Our experience has found the contractors who take the time to be involved in their local building association and that earn credentials & awards typically take more pride and ownership in their work. This results in a higher probability of your project meeting or surpassing your expectations.
A step beyond building association members are designation and credentials earned by building professionals. You can find a description of the credential and how that benefits you below. Just click on the credential to be taken to the listing.
green or sustainable building
Green or sustainable building practices provide many benefits and many companies attempt to market themselves as "green". We do our best to cut through the green-washing and identify companies that have achieved green credentials and are involved in sustainable building. Look for the green leaf icon to identify companies that exhibit traits and credentials
Awards can also be a good indication of the professionals quality of work. For an award to appear on our site, the building professional must be able to produce proof of award receipt, so there are no internet "legends", only true representations of awards received.
Step 2: check the contractor's license
If a professional is doing work that affects the structure of your home or landscape, they must have an active Construction Contractors Board (CCB) license and be properly insured and bonded. Connection Depot provides direct links to the State of Oregon CCB.
Connection Depot makes it easy for consumers to connect with local companies in the building industry. Convenient access to company phone numbers, address, Google map, website link and Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB).
1. Address and Contact Information. Click the green "Website" label to go to the companies website or click the green "Contact Us" to send them an email.
2. Map - To view a larger map click the green "View Larger Map" label and it a new window will open with a full size map.
3. Company Type & Licensing - Viewing the licensing is very important to learn why select the green "Why Check a license" link. A new window will open that explains the importance of checking the license information and how it can protect you as a consumer to use a licensed contractor. Selecting the green License Status and Insurance link will open a window that displays the State of Oregon Contractors Board information for the company you are reviewing.
Note: If a company doesn't have a view "License Status and Insurance" link displayed, it means that we don't have their license on file.
4. Company Business Description - The Company you are reviewing has provided this information. This information is not audited.
5. Credentials & Awards - This information is maintained by your local builders association. If a credential or award is listed here, the company has provided proof of earning the award or credential. To learn more about a specific credential, select the "info" link and a new window will open up that describes the various credentials and each may be important to you.
6. Community Involvement - The Company you are reviewing is allowed to enter in their involvement in community service in this area.
7. Offers - The offers area features special limited time offers that the company is offering.